Five Good Reasons To Use Online Courses For Insurance Continuing Education
The insurance industry is one of the most dynamic fields in the United States. New federal and state laws that affect insurers and new products are continually being added. To be compliant and to do the best job possible for your customers, it's important for insurance agents to stay abreast of these new developments.
If your office is like most insurance offices, you can't afford to close your doors for even a day so that your staff can be trained on new laws and new insurance products. That's where online continuing education webinars can help.
Benefits of using online webinars for continuing education in the insurance industry
1. Saves travel time and expenses. When employees get their training via an online webinar, you don't have to pay them to travel to the classroom, nor do they have to be out of the office while they drive across town (or across the state) to a central continuing education site.
2. Agents can learn at their own pace. Not everyone learns at the same speed. Some people can quickly grasp information being taught in a lecture. Others need to hear it repeated in order to master the material. An online webinar allows students to replay the lecture as many times as needed.
3. Flexible timing. Another major benefit of online webinars is that it allows your agents to take the classes when it's convenient for them. That could be at 6:00 a.m. for one person, at 5:30 p.m. for another and at 11:00 p.m. for yet another. Online classes let students work around their family and civic responsibilities.
4. Fewer distractions. When students can learn from the comfort of their own home or office, they won't be exhausted from traveling to the classroom site and are less likely to be distracted to be unfamiliar sights, sounds and people around them. This allows them to focus more directly on learning the new material.
5. Different material can be covered at the same time. With online webinars, you don't have to send one person to a different city or at a different time just because they need to learn something different from the rest of the group. You simply order a different webinar.
While online webinars may not be the right answer for every insurance company, this type of training will save your company time and money on travel, is flexible enough to accommodate a variety of schedules and allows students to learn at their own pace. If you're interested in learning more, companies like Enterprise Training School may be able to help meet your needs.